Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Measuring Redshift in the Faces of the Red Pyramid of Giza

In the previous paper I'd posted on the pyramids of Giza, I did my best to show that they were constructed as astronomical observatories by virtue of the precise nature of their construction.  I tried to show how, by virtue of highly uniform, reflective surfaces of optician's quality, a group of individuals could monitor and survey the heavens and measure the precise location of an object in the space above the pyramids with a high-degree of precision.

In this paper, I'll attempt to show how the red pyramid of Giza, in concert with the two larger pyramids of Giza, both finished with white limestone, could have been used to measure the red shift in bodies in the reflection on the faces.

The math to survey objects reflected in the face of the red pyramid would be identical to the math to find an object in the face of the two larger pyramids.  What would differ is the color that would be allowed to pass through the specular reflection of the face.

Because the surface of the red pyramid is red, it would enhance the visibility of red in the objects reflected (by enhancing saturation), while reducing colors in the green/blue/violet end of the spectrum.

I'm no astronomer, but I'm pretty sure filtering on the characteristics of the redness of objects would make it possible to give some thought to redshift of the objects.  If some determination of redshift (or red spectral data) were possible, then by combining positional detail from the main pyramids, with redshift data from the red pyramid, a complete picture of the location of an object can be determined, along with the speed at which the object is moving away from the point of observation.  That kind of sounds like astronomy to me.

I've been really busy of late and haven't had time to write the stack of papers in my head regarding the pyramids.  I'm hoping that after I finish something else I've been working on, I can devote more time to the pyramids and start putting the science into the overview.  It'd be fun to bring in some mathematicians and scientists to work out some of the modes and methods of operation the pyramids provided to the study of astronomy, space, and physics.

No comments:

Post a Comment